Competition for your donors’ attention and dollars is fierce at this time of the year. We want to help your organization stand out with some exciting holiday promotions.
Did you know that donors can make donations to your project as gifts to friends and family? GlobalGiving will send the gift recipient an email, print-at-home, or physical tribute card. See an example of an email card here. It’s the third giving option under the orange “donate” button on every project page.
This holiday season, we’re giving away $10,000 in bonus awards to the top 15 projects with the most donors who make donations as gifts. This campaign gives your donors an extra incentive to give to your organization during the holiday season. The campaign launches at 12:01 am EST Wednesday, November 23rd and lasts through 11:59 pm EST December 31st.
Terms and Conditions:
- $10,000 will be awarded in a total of 17 prizes
- $1,500 will be awarded to the project will the most tribute card dollars
- $500 will be awarded to 15 projects with the most unique donors giving tribute cards
- An additional $1,000 will be awarded to the project with the most unique donors giving tribute cards
- A project must have at least 10 unique tribute card donors to be eligible for bonus awards.
- The campaign will begin on Wednesday, Nov 23 at 12:01 am EST and will end on Saturday, Dec 31, 2011 at 11:59 pm EST (GMT-4);
- Paper cards, print-at-home cards, and e-cards are all eligible to be included in the campaign;
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for this campaign.
- Only permanent GlobalGiving partners (not those participating in an Open Challenge) are eligible for this campaign.
- Projects must be live on the GlobalGiving site by 5 pm EST on Tuesday, Nov. 22 to be included in this campaign.
PSST…As part of this exciting campaign, GlobalGiving will be launching e-cards that are branded for your project. Donors will be able to choose an email tribute card customized with your project’s main photo to send to family and friends.
Gifts for Good
Attract new donors to your project through our Gifts for Good campaign! Give away a gift—jewelry, scarves, and more—in exchange for donations of a certain amount ($25, $50, $75). Your gift will be visible in GlobalGiving’s Gifts for Good “store,” which will be featured in our holiday outreach. Use this opportunity to get your project in front of GlobalGiving’s 100,000 newsletter subscribers, 30,000 Twitter followers, and 28,000 Facebook fans.
Participating organizations are responsible for the gift fulfillment (including shipping and handling) of the gifts. GlobalGiving will provide you with the mailing addresses of participating donors. In exchange, you are required to mail (at your organization’s expense) the gifts to the donors. Only organizations based in the U.S or with volunteers in the U.S are eligible to participate.
Are you planning a holiday fundraising event? Use GlobalGiving’s text-to-give option to raise money for your GlobalGiving projects at the event! Your projects has its own specific keyword that people can text to donate $10 to your project. The $10-per-text donation is charged to the donor’s phone bill and the donation shows up immediately in our project entry system where you manage your donations.
Your text-to-give call-to action is: “Text GIVE <space> [PROJ. ID] to 80088 to give $10 to [PROJECT NAME] on GlobalGiving.” Wherever you include this call-to-action—brochures, slide show presentation, etc.—you MUST include the carrier compliance disclaimer verbatim visibly on the same page (see examples below).
Remember that text donations aren’t disbursed for about 3 months after they are made. You also do not receive names or contact information for your text-to-give donors. So think carefully about when mobile giving is the best donation option. Read more about mobile giving.
For messaging in print:
- This disclaimer must be in at least 12 pt font and not blend in with the background. IT must be viewable on the same page without scrolling.
- “Help” and “Stop” language must be in bold
For announcements at events:
Strive to have a visual call-to-action with the full disclaimer visible during the event, but if it’s verbal only, please include: “Message and data rates may apply. Full terms at mGive.org/T”
Want help developing your holiday fundraising strategy?
Join us on Tuesday, November 8th for our Holiday Fundraising Training or sign up for a one-on-one call with GlobalGiving to help plan your holiday fundraising strategy.
Date: Tuesday, November 8th
Times: 9 am EST (This time in your city) and 3 pm EST (This time in your city)
Webinar link: anymeeting.com/globalgiving1 *
*Audio will be available via the webinar link.
Sign up for a reminder.