GlobalGiving’s LAST Bonus Day of the year is October 19th! Starting at 12:01 am EDT, GlobalGiving will be matching all donations (up to $1,000 per donor, per project) at 30%. We have $100,000 available in matching funds. Matching will last until funds run out (or until 11:59 pm EDT). See complete terms and conditions below.
Our partners have raised more than $600,000 through GlobalGiving’s Bonus Days this year alone! Why? Because donors love having their donations matched; it means that they’re really stretching their donation dollar. Donors are also more likely to give when there is a time limit (in this case, one day!). The sense of urgency reduces procrastination and compels action. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to mobilize your donors.
Here are our top six tips for rallying your donors on Bonus Day:
1. Identify advocates. Who are your organization’s biggest cheerleaders? Ask them to help you spread the word about Bonus Day. Consider giving them a specific goal—e.g. to raise $1,000 or to recruit 10 donors. Offer an incentive—a small gift, website recognition, etc.—to your supporters for fundraising on your behalf.
2. Post a project report. Did you know that your project reports are emailed directly to all of your project’s donors? This is a great way to notify your supporters about this matching opportunity (and it counts as your quarterly project report!). Project reports are emailed the day after they’re approved, so be sure to submit your report by October 17th. See an example of a great Bonus Day project report.
3. Start October 19th with a bang! Don’t forget, there are only $100,000 available in matching funds! First come, first serve. Matching begins at 12:01 am EDT (this time in your city). Get started early!
4. Email your supporters early on Bonus Day. Be sure to emphasize the 30% match and the importance of giving now. Make sure that your project link is easy to find and sends donors directly to your project.
5. Build excitement on your Facebook and Twitter! Share your Bonus Day goals with your fans and followers. Ask them to help you reach those goals by donating and spreading the word. Update your fans and followers throughout the day with your Bonus Day progress. Ask donors to comment once they’ve made a donation.
6. Reach out to your large donors personally. Remember, GlobalGiving will match up to $1,000 per donor per project on Bonus Day. Reach out to your large donors personally via email or phone. Ask them to consider leveraging the match and making their large contribution “today.”
Thinking of creating a new GlobalGiving project? This is the perfect opportunity to launch a new project. Take advantage of the match to build momentum around your project and increase your project’s visibility on the site. The Rebuilding Alliance raised close to $24,000 during the last Bonus Day on June 15th, almost completely funding a brand new project, which they launched that day! Make sure to submit new projects by October 17th.
Terms and Conditions:
- Matching is applied up to $1,000 per donor per project on October 19, 2011 between 12:01 am and 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4) until matching funds run out;
- There is $100,000 available matching funds;
- Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by October 18th;
- Only online donations (credit card or paypal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check, wire, or any other source are not eligible;
- Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.
- Projects participating in the Girl Effect Challenge are NOT eligible for matching.