Great project photos are a vital asset to your GlobalGiving project page. Photos are often the first thing donors see when they’re searching for projects to support. For many donors, the photos on your GlobalGiving project page are the only chance they have to see what your organization is doing. Photos help donors understand your organization and community in ways that cannot be explained in words. Take advantage of this opportunity to express your work!
Then join the contest!
How to Submit your Photos:
1) Upload your photos to your project page by August 1, 2011 at 11:59pm. Find out how to upload a photo here. Each organization may submit up to 3 photos for the competition
2) Find your photo’s web address/url. Here’s how you do that.
3) Submit the the web addresses of your photos in this entry form.
How it works:
- Each organization may submit up to three photos. These can all be from the same project or from two or three different projects, but they must be related to your project on GlobalGiving.
- An independent judge will select 15 finalists each from five categories based on the theme of your project. Your photos will be automatically placed in a category based on the primary theme of the project your photo is from at the time your entry form is submitted. These categories and the themes included in each will be:
- Give Knowledge
- Give Relief
- Give Support
- Give Hope
- Give Green
- The 75 finalist photos (15 finalists each from five categories) will be uploaded for voting on GlobalGiving’s Facebook page starting August 10.
- Voting takes place from August 10, 2011 at noon EDT until August 17, 2011 at noon EDT.
- Individuals can vote by clicking “Like” on the photo they want to support. They must “Like” the GlobalGiving Facebook page before they can comment or like the photo. Individual can vote for as many photos as they would like, but can only “Like” each photo one time.
- Only organizations that have active projects on www.globalgiving.org (not globalgiving.uk or any of our corporate sites) may participate.
The one photo with the most “Likes” overall at noon EDT on August 17 will be awarded a $1,000 bonus to support the organization’s work and will be featured on the GlobalGiving homepage for a full day!
One runner-up from each of the remaining categories will each be featured for a full day on the GlobalGiving homepage and will be highlighted though GlobalGiving’s social media outreach.
If you have any questions, please email Sarah Riczo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last year’s WINNING photo!