I don’t know about you, but Mother’s Day is stressing me out. I’ve spent hours searching for that perfect gift. And I’m not alone. Throughout the week, I’ve listened as friends and coworkers have discussed what to get Mom for Mother’s Day.
Take advantage of this opportunity to encourage your supporters to make a donation to your project as a gift to Mom for Mother’s Day. Here are some suggestions for promoting your project:
- Ask donors to sign up for a monthly recurring donation to your project as a gift. It’s a gift that keeps on giving! Remind donors that their recurring donation could help your organization win up to $2,500 in bonus awards in GlobalGiving’s Recurring Donation Campaign.
- Let donors know that, by making a donation as a gift through GlobalGiving, Mom will receive a personalized card in electronic, print-at-home or physical form. Learn how to make a donation as a gift.
- Promote projects that are relevant to Mom–safe birthing kits, scholarships for kids, microloans for women. You get the idea.
- Give your supporters specific gift options. For example, $50 will provide a microloan to a woman in Eastern Uganda or $40 provides one year of school for a child in India.
- Remind donors that Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 8th. It’s not too late to make a donation in Mom’s name to your project through GlobalGiving!
- As always, share a story and a photo of a child, woman, or furry friend that will benefit from this Mother’s Day gift. Encourage your donors to share this story with their Mom as part of the gift.