On March 16th, GlobalGiving is hosting its first Bonus Day of the year! (See Terms and Conditions below.) Because of the limited time frame and the added incentive of matching funds, Bonus Days make it easy for you to reach out to your donors. Here are some tips for mobilizing your network for the Bonus Day:
• Give your donors advanced notice. Include information about the Bonus Day in your project reports or March newsletter. Remember, project reports take 1-2 business days to be approved, so be sure to submit your reports by Monday, March 14th to have them approved in time for Bonus Day.
• Send out an email the day before and another the day of the campaign.
• Emphasize that donations will be matched 30% and that the match is one day only!
• Send a personal email to large donors who are likely to make a sizable contribution. Keep in mind that donations are only matched up to $1,000 per donor.
• Promote Bonus Day on your organization’s Facebook and Twitter. Engage your donors by asking them to comment after they’ve made a donation and to share their reason for donating.
• Ask donors to spread the word! Encourage supporters to post the Bonus Day on Facebook or to email family and friends. Consider offering incentives for donors that pass it on.
• Remind donors of the impact their dollars will have. Share a story or show a picture of a beneficiary whose life will be changed.
• Set a challenging, yet realistic goal for Bonus Day and ask your donors to help you reach it. Make it exciting by sharing benchmarks throughout the day on your Facebook and Twitter.
• Aim high! In addition to the 30% match, GlobalGiving is offering a $1,000 bonus to the project that raises the most funds that day and a $1,000 bonus to the project that receives donations from the most individual donors!
• Consider only promoting one project. Do you have numerous projects on GlobalGiving? Donors might respond better to your request to give to just one project, so make it a good one!
Terms and Conditions
• Matching is applied at 30% up to $1,000 per donor per project on March 16, 2011 between 12:01am and 11:59 pm EST (GMT-4) until matching funds run out;
• There is $75,000 available matching funds;
• Projects must be approved and live on the GlobalGiving.org website by March 15th;
• Only online donations (credit card or paypal) are eligible for matching. Donations made by check are not eligible;
• Donations made on www.globalgiving.co.uk or any GlobalGiving corporate sites (including Nike, Global Action Atlas, etc) are NOT eligible for matching.