We’re a month and a half into 2011 and amidst the day-to-day bustle, we want to stop for a moment to say a belated thank you. In 2010, your incredible work in the field inspired 12 new companies to partner with GlobalGiving to create employee giving portals, administer grants, and support partners like you all over the world. Your feedback and suggestions helped us to dramatically improve our website and internal processes by adding new features such as the Tools & Training Blog and the donation manager. And your fundraising initiatives contributed to GlobalGiving’s best year in online volume yet!
Last year was GlobalGiving’s most successful year since it was founded. Here’s why:
- In 2010, $11.1 million was donated to projects through GlobalGiving, an increase of 22% from 2009!
- 63,000 individuals made donations through GlobalGiving in 2010, nearly twice the number that donated in 2009;
- $544,000 in GlobalGiving gift cards were redeemed and donated to projects on GlobalGiving.
- The number of recurring donations made through GlobalGiving’s site increased 69% between 2009 and 2010;
- 1,344 organizations received donations on GlobalGiving in 2010, a 65% increase from 2009; and
- 50.2% of donors chose to pay GlobalGiving’s fee separately,, increasing the percentage of the donation reaching your projects on the ground!
Exciting, right? The growth that we experienced in 2010 was no coincidence. The team at GlobalGiving worked hard to attract new donors through media outreach, develop and manage valuable corporate partnerships, and provide you with a better user experience and more opportunities to reach out to your own networks. Here are some highlights:
- In 2010, GlobalGiving established 12 new corporate relationships with companies like Neutrogena, ABC, National Geographic, and maintained valuable relationships with existing partners such as Nike, Dell, and Ford, resulting in almost $3 million in donation volume for partner organizations. Learn more about GlobalGiving corporate partnerships in 2010.
- GlobalGiving continued to catch the eye of blogs, magazines, and newspapers, driving donors to projects on the site. (See popular articles: Kristof recommends Father’s Day gift, Fast Company recommends GlobalGiving’s gift cards, GlobalGiving touted as “do-it-yourself foreign aid”)
- GlobalGiving’s Tech Team added important new features to the website that make it easier for you to manage your projects and reports, track your donations, thank your donors, stay engaged on GlobalGiving.
- And here on the Project Team, we continued to expand the services we offer to our partner organizations including monthly trainings, local workshops, one-on-one fundraising consultations, volunteer listings, and fundraising campaigns. In 2010, organizations raised over $700,000 in GlobalGiving matching campaigns and GlobalGiving gave away over $200,000 in matching funds.
So, what can you expect in 2011?
At GlobalGiving, we expect 2011 to be another record setting year. We have already announced the dates for upcoming matching and fundraising campaigns and launched our exciting new Partner Rewards Program. And you can bet there’s more to come. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to take advantage of the growing momentum on GlobalGiving!